Wednesday 22 March 2017

Dig it

Hello! This is my second project using the new Elenazinski stamps. My first project was here. I loved the bird standing on the chap's head on my first project so I couldn't help repeating that here with a different chap!
I started by taking a giant black tag and adding Snowflake paint with a brayer.
Then I added a thin layer of Caribbean Sea again with the brayer
With my finger I added Banana around the edges of the tag
Then I stamped all my images on the tag so I knew where they'd be placed but also so I didn't have to cut out all the little details. I used  ZA02, ZA05ZA06, ZA07, ZA08 and the rather fab new alphabet stamps. The eagle eyed will notice there are no birds on the branch. I'll explain why later!
To stamp the letters, I space them on my acrylic block and check they fit before inking them and adding them to the tag.
When I stamped each image on the tag I also stamped it onto card. It's these images I coloured in. The pink and blue splodges are when I clean my blending pencil!
The birds were missing originally from the tag because I wanted to stamp them so their feet were placed on the branch (which hadn't been coloured in yet!) And apart from some gold paint on the edge of an old gift card, a little white pen and a black pen border that's it!
Thank you, as always, for popping by

No comments:

Post a Comment