Tuesday 14 February 2017

Happily Ever After

Well Trace here , it has been a while, but Susan said I can post here as and when .... I know it has been a long as  and when , but hopefully better late than never ...

So here is a vintage inspired Valentines , using lots of yummy distress goodies and distress crayons, I know late to the party but I am loving playing with them ...

So here is my make :


I love the vintage feel that the found relatives   give ( not sure which set this is from as I have all mine muddled up !) and cannot wait to see the new paper dolls from Tim , which are top of my list!

So I started by applying matte texture paste through this gorgeous Tim flourish stencil and allowing to dry . I then coated the card with  collage medium and stamped some random patches of script using grey archival ink.


I then started to apply patches of distress crayon, starting with antique linen , and rubbing in with a damp finger.
I then built up the colours using frayed burlap and walnut stain.


I die cut two hearts and coloured using distress crayons , in barn door and fired brick and edged with walnut stain distress crayon.


To complete the card I added the found relative card which has some tissue tape stuck on , as well as a chit chat sticker . I tore the bottom and edged with distress crayon and walnut stain distress ink. I also lightly sanded it and added some ink as I like the extra distressed feel it creates but this is totally personal choice.

I added the hearts and lifted one slightly to create dimension and also added an idea-ology number plaque.


To complete the left hand side of the card I dyed some seam binding using distress stain, scrumpled and left to dry , then added the the card and tied in a bow. ( you can heat dry the seam binding but leaving scrumpled overnight gives a crinkle that I prefer )




So there you have my first post in a very long time...a vintage valentine x



Hopefully I will be back soon !

all the products used are in Country View Crafts .

keep those fingers inky!
trace x

9 comments:

  1. Great to see you back Trace! Your card is beautiful, I love the flourish embossing and those pops of red are wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, it is good to be back xx as and when x:)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card - great to see you crafting again xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much , yes trying to find a little time xx

      Delete
  3. Love your background, great Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background, great Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Trace! Love the way you have used the distress crayons x

    ReplyDelete