Tuesday 10 January 2017

Single Layers

Hello Everyone! 


Today I am sharing a Tag with you using single layers of stamping and which I then made into a card.
I had taken photographs of each layer of stamping, but I am afraid the photographs were not great. The light is such at the moment here in the north that I feel as though I am living in a sepia photograph!  So I am afraid this is a step by step using the finished card.


I stamped my main feature (the feather) in Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then the egg behind using Hickory Smoke.




Stamping top and bottom in Vintage Photo. Don't worry about stamp marks as they can easily be covered at a later stage. For a bit of contrast I then stamped  in Archival Jet Black using some small stamps from Tim Holtz's Correspondence Set. 


Finally I added another longer stamp in Vintage Photo down the right hand side and blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges and some ink splatters.


To create my tag card I folded some kraft paper and aligned it in the die so that the left hand side edge was inside the cutting line.  It means the tag overhangs slightly on one side of the card, but it makes for an unusual card.



Thank you for joining me today and I hope this gives you some ideas for some single layer stamping.

Jennie x



SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. What a great tag card Jennie..single layer stamping really looks fab, many layers but none of the bulk for posting! x

    ReplyDelete