Tuesday 20 December 2016

Christmas Ornament

Each Christmas I add to my collection of small plaques and this is the latest one!
I started by brayering white paint to a board. I really didn't want a perfect finish because it adds to the grungy nature of the finished article:
Then I used a dark blu paint through a snowflake stencil. The paint bled slightly under the stencil, I don't mind that but I know you might!:
Next, I stencilled white paint over the blue. Just move the stencil a couple of millimetres in a diagonal direction so the blue becomes a shadow:
I then lightly sanded the whole board and added brown Distress Ink to the whole piece, paying attention to the edges:
The next step is to make the bauble. I painted a little Metallic Glaze to an area on some white card and then stamped two baubles on the card, one on the Metallic Glaze and one on the plain card.
On the plain one, colour the bauble in with paint, crayons, pencils, ink - whatever is your favourite medium and cut it out. Turning your attention to the one on Metallic Glaze cut out the top and the centre stripe.
Adhere the bauble, add a sentiment and doodle a white line border. This might be plaque for me but it could easily become a card, journal page, tag or anything else you fancy!
Thank you, as always, for popping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment