Wednesday 24 August 2016

Stencil Fun!

Hello! Jennie here sharing a few cards made with my (ever growing stash of) stencils!

When stencils first started appearing I was actually rather scared of them but amazingly I wouldn't be without them now. Once I learnt how to use them in layers over the top of each other using either inks or texture paste I have really enjoyed using them.


So here are a few cards and step by steps using the layering stencil process.


I really like creating cards using ATCs. They are a great size for experimentation and sit well on a blank white card as a little note or thank you card. I used the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique to get some colour on this matt ATC - I used Blueprint Sketch and Twisted Citron (I really love this combination!).


I used a layering stencil and the same coloured inks to create the first layer.


And then a number stencil and there are a few dots in there too from another one!


After adding a little text stamping with Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink I used another stencil and texture paste as a final layer. I love the white paste layer but it does pick up a bit of ink too which makes for some interesting colour.


I finished this ATC with a sentiment stamped from in Picket Fence Distress Paint on black cardstock before layering the ATC onto some more black cardstock and then my white card blank.


I thought it would be fun to try the same colours on a glossy cardstock ATC and here are the results - I think you will agree quite different!



I love the way the initial stencil layer looks almost 3D.

So ....... a girl can't have enough stencils! well this one anyway!

Thank you so much for joining me today.

Jennie x




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial, I have lots of stencils but haven't got the hang of layering them going to have another go now,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Beautiful color combo.

    ReplyDelete