Monday 6 June 2016

Reverse Canvas

Hi everyone, Nikki here today from Addicted to Art. 
Those who know my blog will know how much I love to use the reverse of a canvas to create an open shadow box effect.
I started this one with a layer of tissue tape to hide the staples, followed by some  Deco Art Prussian Blue.
Next I mixed a little prussian blue with crackle texture paste - not sure I added enough, the paste was only just off white!
I added to the frame of my canvas. 
Once dry ... more Deco Art Prussian blue... to accentuate the cracks. 
For the middle I took some card, measured to fit the inside and used distress inks to create a subtle background.
My butterflies were stippled with gesso to create texture. Once dry I added prussian blue and then white gold treasure gold. 
The game spinners were painted with distress paints and then a little stickles added too! I also added stickles around the border inside and  a touch of treasure gold around the frame of the canvas.
The finished project!

See you next time
Nikki
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I do that too. I like to put clay figures in and make little 3D projects. I have one for sale on eBay right now because I don't know what to do with it... I have so much stuff! Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy frame and love the colour too. Fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Nikki, lovely to see how it all came together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully textured frame for your beautiful butterflies Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Nikki, amazing crackle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! The colours, the textures - brilliant! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that crackle looks wonderful! And your butterflies are just so pretty and shimmery! Beautiful reverse canvas, Nikki! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete