Wednesday 20 April 2016

Happy Anniversary

It was my sister's wedding anniversary at the weekend so I made her a card using the wonderful heart from Tim Holtz Scribbles and Splats thinlits. 
I started with a marbled distress paint background - a few colours on my kraft sheet, a little water and then place the card in it. I used fairly pale colours ( bundled sage and tumbled glass) here but it just gives a slightly mottled background - although my photograph of this below is a shocker!
 I die cut some hearts from white card and also from some scraps I had lying around and then sponged colour onto them using distress paints. I add one colour - let it dry - and then add another to give a little contrast. I used cracked pistachio and blueprint sketch. I also use the same sponging technique to create a coordinating matt base for my card.
I added a little punched heart, some twine and a sentiment to finish. I then made a couple more for my card box - these were a little simpler.
Nikki


1 comment: