Monday 18 April 2016

Bloomin' marvellous garden

I wanted to explore the new Tim Holtz Distress Crayons and so made a little page in my small journal. I must confess that since this I have payed with them a lot and love them!
I started by adding colour to the page and blending it with my finger. The day I did this was quite hot (rare in Britain!) so I had to work pretty quickly as they 'set'.
I then used a stencil and, with a baby wipe, I wiped through the stencil to remove the colour. This creates a really wonderful batik look that really is fabulous!
I then covered a sheet of card with the remaining colours in the set and stamped flowers on top.
When cut out they looked fabulous and the change of colour on the petals looks really effective!
All that was left was to assemble the piece and add a sentiment.

I hope that this inspires you to have a play with these fabulous crayons!


4 comments:

  1. love the colours, glad you got time to play with these new toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Gabrielle, I love these bright colours. I must get my set out of the packet lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought these last week bug haven't had time to play yet. Looking at your results I must make time to try them out. Love your card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete