Wednesday 16 September 2015

Crazy Bird to celebrate a 21st

Bird Crazy Birthday Card Addicted to Art
Nikki here today to run through a card I made with the popular Bird Crazy stamp set. The card was created for a friend to give to a special person in her life. The request was to use purples, pinks and greys - so here we go....

I started with my purple layer - on the reverse I marked out the areas I was going to cut out to make the frame for the card. I used a little bit of wrinkle free distress in milled lavender and pumice stone and then added dusty concord with cut and dry foam. I then turned it over and cut along my pre marked lines.
Once cut I edged all the white bits with the same ink. Next I took the birthday letters from Tim Holtz (Sizzix) alphanumeric thinlits set and placed on my magnetic platform across the band. As I was using the negative space I kept the all the bits (eg the inside of the 'D' to use later).
Next for my bird! I stamped him in black archival on a second piece of card and then stamped him again in stazon on a mask sheet. Having cut out the mask I carefully placed it over the bird and then used distress paints in pumice stone, black soot and picket fence to create a marbled background. Once dry I removed the mask - and painted the bird with the purple tones.
Finally I took a die cut star, some pre cut numbers in greyboard and a scrap of card.  I randomly stamped in black archival before adding some pink translucent paint. Once dry I added extra interest with some black soot paint with a credit card and then some white spatters of gesso. I die cut 'Happy' from Tim Holtz handwritten celebrations thinlits. 
I cut the little hat by hand out of the scraps from the top layer and added glossy accents to the star.


I hope you like my little card - see you next time!
Nikki
Bird Crazy Birthday Card Addicted to Art


5 comments:

  1. A fabulous colour scheme and design. Great card Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on to the commissioned colours, and I love the dynamic look of the credit-card action on the die-cut elements - very cool touch!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous use of colour nikki - love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...lucky person getting this one! I love the credit card stripes and those white splatters that just make this so darn special! Oh, the painted background is just wonderful, too! Gosh, I can tell you really love these birdies! hugs!

    ReplyDelete